ITC products in Canada

Discussion in 'Furnaces and their construction' started by rocco, Jan 11, 2022.

1. rocco

rocco Silver

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Bldr J and Tobho Mott like this.
  2. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Hey, not only ITC-100, looks like HarboUr Freight also has some crucibles and other casting stuff too. No petrobond in the Ottawa locations right now but it's listed on the website going for the low price of a hundred bucks... for 5kg of sand. :eek:

Jeff

3. rocco

rocco Silver

And there's 2 in stock at the one closest to me! Right now unfortunately, I'm trying not too accumulate more stuff as I'm moving next month.

4. Bldr J

Bldr J Copper

I'm thinking it should be more like $160/25kg...at least it is at Foundry Supply

5. Tobho Mott

Exactly! Foundry Supply Source recently quoted me $155/25kg and is right around the corner from you Rocco... What would you even do with 5kg of sand?!

Jeff

6. rocco

rocco Silver

I'm with you on the sand, I can't imagine ever paying $99 for a measly 5kg of sand, however $19.99 for an A4 crucible is a definite maybe.

7. Tobho Mott

Where are you moving to Rocco? If you have to pass by Ottawa en route, save room on your truck for a pallet of sand from Milton for me ;), I've been emailing back and forth with a guy from the new supplier for almost a month trying to set up a shipment...

Jeff

8. rocco

rocco Silver

Not moving far, just about 1/4 mile up the road.

9. Bldr J

Bldr J Copper

I finally got my "sample" of vg-plus/Bentone. To get any delivery in Canada I need to order a skid. 35 bags at $160/50lb bag...unless I can confirm 3o or so orders, I don't really need a skid...

open to any ideas...did you have any luck Jeff?

10. Tobho Mott

Nope, too bad, that sucks. I still want one! I'd take 2 bags if it helps.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022