New member saying hello

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by 926wolf, Jul 21, 2021.

1. 926wolf

926wolf Lead

Hi all i am in Brisbane Ausralia signed up here after watching all of Kellies lost foam videos. I have a large gas furnace and a great desire to master metal casting. I am looking forward to the future
    Dave

2. Hi Dave, got any particular alloy you prefer to cast: aluminium, brass, bronze or iron?. I'm up at Cairns, Brisbane has companies like Foseco and Refractech which can supply refractories and possibly crucibles (Foseco). I think there may even be a foundry club too. Forum member Ironsides (Luckygen on YouTube) had a video about the club if I recall correctly.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  3. 926wolf

926wolf Lead

I am gearing up for mainly aluminium but will venture into brass/bronze. Is foseco still in brisbane i thought the left years ago

4. I bought refractory material and a crucible from Frank at Foseco about 2-3 years ago, I thought they were still trading but I could be wrong, they are still listed in the current Yellow Pages directory.

5. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Dave, glad you found us and look forward to your future posts.

Best,
    Kelly

6. Rob Hall

Rob Hall Copper

Greets Dave! This is the place to get you started alright. These folk know their stuff!