Weather was pretty decent today so I decided to try and pour the last pieces for the CNC router we are building for the FIRST robotics team. The carriage casting came out great but the 4th axis headstock was a total fail. With all the rain we have had my sand got wet. I thought I got the wet sand out but clearly it wasn’t dry because the steam just blew the metal right out. So I spent the rest of the afternoon turning piles of scrap into clean ingots. The scrap produces lots of dross but when I melted the ingots for the pour there was very little dross. While melting scrap I was heating sand in a stainless bowl on top of the furnace to dry it. Still need to get it all dry and keep it from getting wet again.