Silicon bronze hardware for melt stock

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Lou, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Lou

Lou Copper

Hello,

I was invited to this forum by one of the members here asking me if I still had any Si bronze available.
    I have several thousand lbs of this.

It is probably best to ship it flat rate, 60 or so lbs in a 6 mil polythene bag, in the USPS flat rate box well taped up.

The current cost for up to 70 lbs is 21.10 at the USPO.

It will be $3/lb for 50 lbs and less (which will probably fit in a medium sized flat rate box) and $2.75/lb for 100 lbs or more.

Please send me a PM and I will get the material shipped out to you. I plan to ship every Thursday.

Check or cash preferred, Zelle also acccepted, and Paypal to lostwaxman at g then mail.com is fine, but please add 2.9% to cover the Paypal fee.

2. Jason

Jason Gold

You say hardware?? We talking nuts and bolts here??? Are your sure this stuff shouldn't go across ebay for 6bucks a bolt?

I saw a boat builder with a bone in his nose that should have bought this. You would have saved him a fortune and he could have bought himself a prince albert!:eek::rolleyes:

3. Lou

Lou Copper

Hahah!

These aren’t that nice. No I bought these originally for myself years back from a company that had a large recycling municipal contract for all industrial and residential water meters. I realize now that there’s no way I’m ever going to get around to melting these up and doing big castings.

it’s mostly small bolts, nuts and washers. There are larger forged pieces that were used to hold big meters to buildings or pump stations.

4. Jason

Jason Gold

I thought most water meters were brass?:confused: Did ya light up a torch on one?

Watch sucker me get taken.:oops::(

5. Lou

Lou Copper

They are brass but the bolts are Si bronze.

dissolve them in nitric acid, there’s silica left behind,

Jason likes this.