The many and varied hazards of bentonite processing :)

Discussion in 'Sand Casting' started by Mark's castings, Nov 13, 2021.

1. So I discovered my kitty litter granules turned to slurry when mixed with water and I could sieve all of the coarse particles out, let the slurry settle a bit and pour off the excess water. So this afternoon I spread a sheet of plastic in the sun and poured the wet slurry on it and let it dry in the sun. It's not cloudy yet so I thought I'd let it sit overnight and dry for another day. So it's 9:30pm and I go out in the yard to check on it one last time and I see it's become a spa bath for about 30 medium to large cane toads all sitting deep in the bentonite and covered in the stuff like a health giving mud bath. Cane toads are a feral animal round here from South America so I got a plastic bucket and scooped them all up into the bucket, put a lid on it and gassed the little buggers with my CO2 cylinder twice about a half hour apart. They'll get a burial with full honours tomorrow morning. It's been five years since the last toad pogrom so I'd been thinking last week of ways to lure them in for disposal...it's important to wash your hands too as the venom makes LSD look like aspirin by comparison.

2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

LoL.....Toad-a-cide.....

Best,
    K

3. Mach

Mach Silver

Lost toad casting?

[​IMG]
    Sculpture by Steve Worthington

4. There was one big one that could possibly get that treatment :D. I had a look for any uses: seems they could be sold to pharmaceutical companies maybe.

5. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Invest it and put it on an anthill...

Mark's castings likes this.
  6. Al2O3

You might be tempted to give it a try....:)

K

7. I read an account of a guy who was collecting them and skinning them for leather and then ate a sandwich: the vase of flowers on the TV set turned into a lizard with blood dripping from it's mouth....it was all covered in the scientific journal "Playboy Magazine". I went and buried them not long ago, the largest was still alive (not for long), I speculate it was able to absorb the life-force of the smaller toads as they expired like in that 1980's film "Highlander" :eek:.

Tobho Mott likes this.
  8. Al2O3

Highlander was great!!

K

9. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

Well, we can't have a talk about enlightenment without a blast from the past...

10. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Sadly, your cane toads do not appear to subscribe to the "There can be only one" philosophy.

Jeff

Mark's castings likes this.