Things I have learned PVB casting in Suspendaslurry

Discussion in 'Lost PLA casting' started by Ferrisbeu, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

Been playing with PVB for a bit now. Thanks for the tip, whoever gave it to me. It is burn-outable and is alcohol smoothable. You can dissolve it into a syrup also for additional build-up of material. If I print on ultra-fine, not too much finishing needed.
    So far, zero cracking issues. I coat 7 times, last one using the 50/100 sand to seal it. It gives it a nice light roughness that makes it easier to pick up with tongs.
    I am making larger solid statues, 4-6 lbs of brass. Skulls, Disney figures, busts etc. I use foam to make my sprues and gates.
    I burn em out in a hot furnace. the nasty part goes pretty quick. After about 15 minutes, I pull em out then melt my metal. Once my metal is about half done, I pop one of the molds back in with it and finish final burnout.
    I use #6 crucibles from Legend. Great prices!!
    I am still learning, trial and error. I prefer trying to figure out what works for me, not looking at vids of other people. So far I have had some fairly outstanding results. My fans seem to be happy and so does my wallet. I only do private sales.
    I'm making a collection of mini-anvils right now, just for me. The only problem I have with Suspendaslurry is it takes forever to dental pick everything out of small crevices. I wish it was as easy as regular investment. If anyone has tips, I'm listening. Sand blasting works kinda well, but I just have a HF hopper gun.
    Just my experience. It works for me. Your experience may vary

John Gaertner and BattyZ like this.
  2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

How about some pictures of the castings ..

BattyZ likes this.
  3. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

eventually.

4. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

So the reason I do not usually post anything to this board is because YOU ALL SUCK! please delete me from this idiocy. I keep trying to interact but yall dont. so delete my account please.