Vacuum Forming-Non-metal casting thread

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by mytwhyt, Jul 7, 2023.

1. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

This looks like a good as any place to start an off topic thread. What inspired this project was to maybe to make a little money, but mostly to stop my dog laughing at me.

One day , I was out with my dog, naturally she took a shit. I slipped a plastic bag on my hand to pick it up, believe me, you want that warm feeling your dog can give you, in your heart, not your hand.
    Anyway, she started laughing and rolling on the ground, when she got control of herself, she told me how embarrassed she was to actually be with a human who would pickup warm dog shit with their hand.... I had to agree with her..
    She was a great dog, Rhodesian Ridgeback. One day she accused me of cheating at poker. I told her "I can't help it if you wag your tail every time you get a good hand." All in all, she gave me some pretty good advice... I told her my ex-wife was being really good to me lately...She said "That's what usually happens before that last ride to the vet." Enough about my dog. Here's my solution for moving that warm feeling out of your hand and back into your heart.... All parts are vacuum formed.. Looking to make the clip from metal. Believe it would be much easier, and eliminate the trimming
    doglog retreval system.jpg doglog2 mover.jpg doglog5 plastic handels under finger.jpg doglog6 shopping bag.jpg

2. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

I did say there are two projects. This one was because I have no air conditioning In my 41-year-old Toyota pickup. It is a copy of one I made from fiberglass 20 years ago.. Sized down to fit my vacuum former.. I use a sheet of .125 abs. The vf table is 21.5". hope to add 8" to the table and oven length.
    This is the first prototype.. Have two more I've pulled trying to develop my last units for sale. The last will still be 12v, but not for the truck. It's a stand alone evaporative cooler meant to be used with a Endless breeze 12v 3speed fan, not attached. Sits on a 7 gallon bucket for reservoir. Everything seems to change as I go. Here's a pic of how hot a 5 gallon bucket can get at 3pm,July 3 2021.

Attached Files:

Mark's castings likes this.
  3. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

Finally read that it be deleted after 60 days . Defiantly need an off-topic thread. How about adding one and moving.

4. On a slightly related note to evaporative cooling, I'd been watching some online videos about an airconditioning system using commonly available calcium chloride as a liquid dessicant. I'd like to set up a dehumidifier for the workshop based on such a liquid which would be the opposite of evaporative cooling and help keep the workshop drier during the wet season. You'd have to heat the calcium choride solution to drive off some of the water and then cool it and mix in the shop air to suck up some water and repeat the cycle. There was a guy using that as the basis of a cooling system on Youtube.