Finally got around to trialling the Wexcoat shell binder with suspension flour. It was necessary to pre wet between a few of the layers as I was unsure how well it would adhere to a very dry layer. It appears to be very weak in its green state and I managed to snap part off after 6 coats ! I rejoined it with fire cement and carried on. I was very concerned re de wax and vitrification as this was my first shell casting attempt, I eventually decided to use my blow torch with the shell under a stainless steel beer keg. I was very pleased with the outcome (see pic) pre heated in furnace exhaust and poured in bucket of sand with some blanket for support.