Coronavirus, COVID-19

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by OMM, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah the "walking dead" are all over my neighborhood too. Sure didn't take long for cabin fever to set in. There are a few upsides to this whole virus thing. People are getting up off the couch and europe is finally waking up to the dumb shit they have been doing for the last few years. If you follow Black Pigeon speaks, consider yourself tuned in, if not, I can't help you here. Sorry.

2. Mister ED

Mister ED Silver

SE Michigan (Metro Detroit) is getting hit hard, with slower expansion throughout the rest of the state ... so far.

If people would pay attention to this song, the rest of the state would be better off:

3. Jason

Jason Gold

OMFK that is PRICELESS!

4. OMM

OMM Silver

Amen.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

I just sent that to about 50 people.... I did my part!

OMM likes this.
  6. OMM

OMM Silver

Politically incorrect, but I just put it up for about 10,000 people.

edit: And now for another 30,000.

Edit edit; now for another 30,000...

I don't mind this message going viral!!!

Edit edit edit; this was one of my responses.

And here is another response.

And this was another one social media shot back at me.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Mark's castings and Jason like this.
  7. OMM

OMM Silver

Watching the pandemic... I live in a country that is one of the largest land mass in the world, with a population less than New York State (and maybe California as well). It looks like there has been a plateau. Our two big metro cities that have over 1 million have somewhat contained it. I think if people continue to be proactive for the next 14 days, in to the 28 days, there could be a minor lift.

I do volunteer pharmaceutical drug distribution (and pick up). At one point, I used to be scared with what I was carrying. Now I'm scared who I'm helping. I am no longer picking up expired medication.... I hope things don't get into the wrong hands!

8. Jason

Jason Gold

Whatever they do, they better get the economy back moving again. AND FAST!

9. OMM

OMM Silver

I just finally ordered online the new vaccine. The good old saying is “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”. Definitely worth a try, right?

It does have some high promotions/notable recommendations!

And it’s good that Clorox is now making them as chewables. I love gummy‘s!

50CF3318-04BA-4AAB-9BAD-3D63F0890DEF.jpeg

DavidF and Tobho Mott like this.

11. Jason

Jason Gold

Now someone tell me this BS virus isnt about control. Read the FAQ page here!
    https://covipass.com

Oh! No pass? Sorry, You wont be buying groceries this week!

Anyone see Fauci's weasel ass get questioned last week by Jim Jordan? Didnt think so! Body language speaks VOLUMES about this guy.

12. rocco

rocco Silver

That would be upsetting if it were government run or endorsed, but it just seems like some scum bags hoping to take advantage of a bad situation and make money off of it. It doesn't matter what happens, whenever there's a crisis, the scum bags always come out of the woodwork. I can't wait to see how much money the pharma companies try to squeeze out of us when or if a successful vaccine is developed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  13. Jason

Jason Gold

It's ALWAYS about the money. I work for a surgeon... When I asked him about this, his reply was. "Science is corrupt!"
    I thought what a simple statement that rolls all this bs up in 3 words.

These 2 are worth watching.

14. Jason

Jason Gold

Rocco, I was just thinking... How hard would it be for the developers of something like this to suck off some congressman, lobby the piss out of it and ram it down our throats? I can answer that!
    NOT TOO HARD!

15. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

It would probably be a good idea for people who have trouble knowing whose advice to follow on the virus to read the professional biographies of the folks offering opinions on corona virus management. (Clue: Fauci does not believe alien genes are used to produce vaccines against religious belief and he does not espouse injection or ingestion of Clorox)

Thank goodness for Anthony Fauci who has dedicated his life and considerable ability to this matter. If our government had followed his advice on the matter rather than worried about their own political agenda in making decisions, the US would not be a pitiable laughing stock when compared to morbidity and mortality experienced by most other developed nations.

Additionally, that Fauci can avoid direct criticism of Trump while, at the same time being baited by the like of Jordan, speaks to his remarkable skills as a diplomat. Fauci understands that if he blatantly calls out Trumps willful ignorance, Fauci will lose his position from which he can attempt to nudge governmental decisions and public opinion/behavior in a generally safer direction.

I stand with Dr Anthony Fauci to whom this country owes an enormous debt for his brilliant 40 plus years of public service. Thank you Dr Fauci.

Denis

PS. I doubt heated discussion of this matter on this forum is particularly beneficial to anyone. I fear that most members appear to have already cast their opinion (and the glow is gone) and are unlikely to have any maleability in this regard. It

dtsh and Mark's castings like this.
  16. Jason

Jason Gold

Fauci is a FRAUD! Everyone goes to DC BROKE, rots there for 50years and leaves multi millionairs. I didnt fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

BAIT? You wanna talk Bait? Barr said it best last week.. "I thought this was a hearing? When am I going to be HEARD!"

He smoked Nadler, that little turd lacks the intelligence to compete with someone like Barr.

Fasted58 likes this.
  17. Melterskelter

If you’d only yell it louder with a few more expletives, such claims would be so much more credible.

Fauci is one of the most accomplished, brightest, and genuine physicians this country has known. He is also bright enough to ignore The the noise from those wholly unqualified to judge him who inexplicably echo Trump’s agenda.

Denis

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Mark's castings and joe yard like this.
  18. Clay

Clay Copper

You have to ask yourself who do you think are the biggest lobbyist to the CDC = maybe drug company's making vaccine's?

another thought:
    Local governments provided 45 percent of public school funding in 2013–14, and more than 80 percent came from the property tax. The federal government provided less than 9 percent of the total revenue of public schools, and state governments contributed 46 percent. Say yes to refunds for property taxes for the times schools are closed

Jason likes this.
  19. Jason

Jason Gold

Clay, now we have the teacher unions in california threatening strike if they dont get a ton of shit met. You should see the laundry list. WhoTF do they think they are?:mad:

Their demands include implementing a moratorium on private schools, defunding the police, increasing taxes on the wealthy, implementing Medicare for all, and passing the HEROES Act, which allocated and additional $116 billion in federal education funding to the states.

F THEM! If they don't want to go back and teach, someone else will. The less time our kids are getting indoctrinated THE BETTER anyways! And I can say this because my sister is a teacher and SHE's going back to work happily. BS virus or NOT! Sitting around, doing NOTHING is for liberals, the rest of us prefer to EARN our living.

There demands sound like a wet dream straight from the frozen north! :rolleyes:

Clay likes this.
  20. Melterskelter

Does anyone know of a public school which simply suspended student contact this Spring or intends to not teach in the Fall? My daughter and son-in-law are public school educators. “Closed” schools have dramatically increased their workloads as they struggle to effectively teach remotely. My sn-in-law is a principal taking classes this summer to learn better techniques for not-in-person teaching.. Opening a school for in person teaching as a trial this summer in Indiana did not go well.

Denis