New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by OCD, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Same thing happened when trying to post my latest pic
    For now I'm going with the "photos are too big" theory. I'll have to post to the forum from my pc with photo editor.
    Someday when I get on the pc I'll find out.
    These damn apple iphones...

2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

David, limitations on picture size are a fundamental thing for every forum and at <500kb HF is more liberal than all others I frequent; most limit to half that size or less. If it's picture size, you'll need to get a handle on that and there are many simple options and settings on most handheld devices but if there is something in the forum settings that is inhibiting your or anyone else's ability to post photos, we'd like to promptly address that. We're just trying to get to the bottom of it because others seem to be posting pictures and we're not receiving complaints but moderator and Admin settings could also mask our visibility of such.

Best,
    Kelly

3. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

There are free photo reduction apps that make it easy to quickly get your pix ready for posting all from one device, which should help if it is indeed pic size that's afflicting you. I use one when I'm on my iPad, most likely the same one would work on iPhone or else there's probably a few that are tailored for phone users as well.

I've noticed that some of the stuff that is on screen from a PC when I come here does not show up from my (Android) phone, such as people's signature lines. Probably there's a setting for that somewhere. Could it be that these pic troubles are settings-based as well?

Jeff

4. OCD

OCD Silver

It's the Russians I tell you, It's the Russians. ;)

To date I haven't attached a single pic while on my IPhone but do know the phones act totally differently than a PC.
    Just their design and software I guess.

On some other forms I visit they have a "Full Site" option when on a mobile devise, something I haven't noticed HF offers.
    Don't know it that option would remedy this issue(s) or not but thought it was worth mentioning.