Finding this forum with a Google search

Discussion in 'Forum suggestions' started by myfordboy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. myfordboy

myfordboy Silver

I joined here yesterday and was aware of this new forum but could not remember the actual name.
    It's quite hard to find with a Google search. "Casting forum" "metalcasting forum" and "foundry forum" brought up no results.
    I don't know the answer but how can it be made easier for people to find us?

2. OCD

OCD Silver

That's because this is the Hoodlums Hideout. :D
    We don't want to be discovered.

We're a Secret Society of a bunch of nut cases. [​IMG]

There's no foolproof way when using Google.
    It's just a matter of entering the magic combination of the right words and Google search engines finding matches.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. OCD

OCD Silver

I just typed in Home foundry and it appears on the 4th page of google search results.

It also shows a greyed out security block next to our sites link, meaning our site hasn't been certified safe to enter.

Type in Keg Furnace and we pop up on the 2nd page of search results.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. myfordboy

myfordboy Silver

If you were looking for a forum on metalcasting you may not think of home foundry as a keyword.
    We have to remain a secret society.
    "Your first task, should you choose to accept it, is to find a forum on metalcasting."

5. OCD

OCD Silver

You mean to "actually" research and find the correct answers on properly building furnaces, burners and casting?

Blasphemy I tell you, pure blasphemy. lol

I agree MFB.
    Google search engines usually find matching words even within replies and posts.

As the site grows and more threads are started and responded to Goggle engines will find such replies/post and return them in the search results.

6. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

Google seems to want to search MyHomeFoundry even when you search for TheHomeFoundry.com

ServiceHostNet says:
    "After checking the site records, we found that it is 3 months 6 days old . For more registration details, refer to this section. We didn't find any SSL certificate present on the website which is bad for users privacy. The site has a title but meta description is absent, it will be better for SEO if both are present. Homepage is in English and contain 6 external links."

Maybe the meta description is where keywords should be present.

7. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Im playing around with it... will take some time to come into effect. If it actually works at all LOL

8. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

Can't hold my breath that long. I'll be blowing sand off the mold soon.

9. OCD

OCD Silver

TMI

We don't wanna hear what your doing with your prize possession. :eek:

:D

10. DavidF

<<<SLAP!>>>

11. OCD

OCD Silver

Yep, that's right, abuse me like a step child.
    I'm use to it.

Wife is constantly beating me.

I now have a weapon in my arsenal to get rid of her, (at a minimal expense), send her Jason's way for 2-4 week periods. :D

The dog and I have been living it up.

12. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I'm confused.... When did the BP turn into his Prized possession ;)

13. OCD

OCD Silver

I'll answer that question if you can show us the Secret Fraternal Caster's Handshake. :cool:

14. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I could show you....but I'd have to kill you, then melt down the corpse :rolleyes:

15. OCD

OCD Silver

I already know.

Sorry but you get no right of passage.

16. DavidF

Ok google home foundry forum now......

17. PatJ

PatJ Silver

The three terms that come to mind when I think about looking are (what is it?)"Metal", (what do you do with it?)"Casting", and (where do you discuss it?) "Forum".

Some people would include the words "backyard" and "home", but I don't think that is what comes to mind for someone who is not familiar with the terms and is new to casting forums.

A search for "Metal Casting Forum" brings up this forum, but on page six.
    I guess over time it will move up.

18. Jason

Jason Gold

I agree, home foundry is a bit obscure. Metal casting forum comes to mind first.

19. DavidF

Try getting a domain name with metal casting in it. Most all have been taken, but there were a few for sale for $1k or more..
    The home foundry was the best I could come up with at the time that wasn't taken.

20. Jason

Jason Gold

It's fine.. If you build it, they will come. With the exposure you get from YT and the links in our signatures over at AA, folks will find us.
    How is membership here going? Slow steady increase?