Wanted: Small one-time odd job metal casting pendants

Discussion in 'Request casting service' started by Perish4, May 1, 2020.

1. Perish4

Perish4 Lead

Hi,
    I am looking for someone who is interesting in making 5 iron or aluminum circular pendants with a design in the middle that will attach to a chain. I will share pictures of the project privately if someone is interested. Please get back to me.

2. Jason

Jason Gold

did ya have any luck?

3. Perish4

Perish4 Lead

Not yet Jason, still looking for someone who might be interested in taking the job.

4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Do you have a pattern, and if so how big is the part?

HT1 likes this.
  5. Perish4

Perish4 Lead

Its for a theater play we have coming up, about the size of a quarter(maybe a slight bit bigger), little thicker though. I don't have specific measurements that I need. I would also like 3 of them to have that older look in the picture, and 2 to be more clean and look newish. The pattern in the middle would be sticking out barely, its not an indentation.
    pendant.png pendant2.png

6. rocco

rocco Silver

Just my two cents worth, since you're look for different finishes, useless they need to be silver coloured, I think bronze would be a good choice, there are a myriad of patina options for bronze that go from shiny new to absolutely ancient looking and anywhere in between.

7. Jason

Jason Gold

If ya want em in gold or silver, I'm you're guy.

8. DavidF

Do you have the pattern?? Or does it need to be made from the pictures you posted?
    What's your deadline??
    Good project for white bronze, or maybe red brass as it can be aged to turd brown pretty quickly.

9. Jason

Jason Gold

That needs to be hand carved and left rough.

10. DavidF

Z BRUSH ;)

11. Perish4

Perish4 Lead

It needs to be made from the pictures I posted, also in the same color and shape as they are a big part of the storyline in our play. Deadline is July 20th but I'm trying to get a jumpstart on it.

12. Perish4

Perish4 Lead

Maybe not pure silver but a silver type look.

13. DavidF

So what is the play about?? Got my curiosity up now....
    And what about covid 19, isn't that going to dampen your plans a bit???

14. Jason

Jason Gold

Texas is slowly opening up. Might make it by the end of july. maybe depends on the city. Our movie theaters are still down here. Not that I went anyways.:rolleyes:

15. Perish4

Perish4 Lead

It's based on the american tv series 12 Monkeys, we're doing a small iteration, and plans are late July hoping things will be better but we may have to push back.

Is anyone interested in making the pieces as I've described?

16. DavidF

Been trying to place that logo for days, I knew I had seen it before..

I'm thinking about making them, but have other people's projects in the works right now and need to get them finished first....

17. Jason

Jason Gold

I loved that movie... "Get outta my chair!" I still don't recognize the logo. I remember the monkey image from the movie. A tv show? Nope, never would have watched that.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  18. DavidF

19. Jason

Jason Gold

20. DavidF

That's Better!!!
    Guess I'm going to sit down and model this sucker up.... my only question is how do I know that these are actually for a theater play and not some neo nazi terrorist group set out to destroy human civilization.... oh wait, covid19 beat them to it!!! :D:D
    Well see how it goes....