New man cave!!!!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by DavidF, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Well I had plans on building a new garage this year, but things Just changed... For the better.
    I had looked at another house 2 years ago but didnt like what I found upon inspection so walked away, but as I was leaving I noticed the house next door and said to my wife that thats the one I want. I was joking at that time but It has now fallen into my lap :)
    I found out last week that the house was foreclosed on but the realtor would not return my calls, my wifes calls, or e mails. So I had another realtor look into it. The called the listing realtor who stated the house was temporally off the market and the bank was going to subdivide the lots. I have never heard of a bank doing such things so I had our realtor put in a bid yesterday and it was accepted today. I speculate that the listing realtor was up to something shady, good thing I kept pushing through.

Anyway the new man cave is 40' x 40' two story with kitchen, full bath, and central heat and air. Its basically a studio apartment built over top. Settlement is March 9th. Hell I haven't even been in the house or garage yet because of the listing realtor holding it hostage... But I will share a couple picture of the garage :)
    Oh yea, it comes with a house too but who cares about that anyway?
    mancave1.jpg mancave2.jpg

BattyZ and Rtsquirrel like this.
  2. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Well gosh, how dang cool is that?

3. DavidF

Not that cool, may have jumped the gun... The listing agent is screwing around.
    Basically the bank counter offered and the only change was upping the settlement date. When out realtor went to accept the offer it was rejected. Now the listing agent is putting it back up on the market??? At a higher price none the less.... WTF !!!!
    I was told that the counter offer was just an automated response?? How the frack is that?? Im pissed!!! Plan on calling the bank and seeing whats up, maybe need a lawyer? Certainly removing that realtors sign tonight...

4. Sounds like the listing agent wants the property themselves.

Rtsquirrel likes this.
  5. DavidF

Or for a "Friend"
    house in now back on market... less than a few hours after all this B/S?? scam scam scam!!! Fuck it! His friend wont be getting it even at the new listed price :mad::mad:
    Im going to tap my reserves and make the deal...with my realtor, and not the listing one....... Bastards!!!!!
    (hmm, i sound like jagboy) ROFLMAO :rolleyes:

Rtsquirrel likes this.
  6. Jason

Jason Gold

Might be time for your agent to call your real estate commission. At little love from them NOW could prevent the major headaches later. There is most definitely laws against this, at the minimum, I smell fiduciary screw job for the listing agent to F the bank around... Price increase is almost ALWAYS a greedy agent seeking a larger commission. The bank doesn't give a rats ass about making a few more grand. They just want it outta their hair and off the books.
    (Yes I possess a real estate license too.... everyone from florida has one) :(

Hope you get it. Looks like a cool shop setup. When the wife is pissed at you, you can sleep in comfort!

7. DavidF

Did not know there was such a thing... but now that you have opened my eyes with some direction... You bet ya!!!

8. Jason

Jason Gold

In florida it was called FREC. Florida Real Estate Commision. Texas is TREC... and so on. They are the governing body for license issuing, rule enforcement, disciplinary action and it's sister is the DBPR. Department of business professional regulation. You DO NOT want to piss off these boys. Revocation is the least of your concerns, it's the fines that will send you to the poor house. Remember your agent works for YOU and only YOU. Make him earn that fat check and if that house is what you want, it's up to him to fight for it or get another agent and quick! I got the screw around when I moved to texas from a greasy listing agent after he found out I was going to hold my hand out for part of his commission. He didn't want to play ball. Not only did I toss this SOB in front of the TREC bus, I helped push it back over his sorry ass. I had to call in another agent and she was like a pitbull! Gave up a few grand, but got the house and kept the wife happy.

In my experience, price jacking is not a move banks usually do, they might not even know their agent pulled this stunt. If you guys accepted the counter off and the bank chose to go a different direction after you accepted it, you just bought yourself a house. A counter is still an offer to sell. You accepted it. They do not have the option to turn it down and therefore are REQUIRED by law to finish the deal. PERIOD. Any bozo salesman knows this. I've been studying real estate law every 2years since 1993 and some things do not change.

If you get that place, I'll buy you a bottle of bleach for a house warming present so you can wash that mildew off the front! :p

9. DavidF

Now a days they call it "patina" and they charge extra for it.....

Seriously though.. "automated response" ?? Sounds like bull shit!! I have located the real estate commissioner in my area and will be calling them... Thanks flyboy ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  10. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Don't know the law over there but I have been unfortunate enough to loose a house through default, the property arm of the lender sold it for half the mortgage value to bump up their sales tally despite my proposals that were reasonable. (This was during the 80's when UK interest rates rocketed to 18%) The guy who set up the mortgage was friends with the lenders who had friends that wanted the property, go figure. I hope it works out for you but don't sell your sole on the deal, jason obviously has a better take on a route in your markets.

11. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

Good luck David, that big garage looks sweeeeet!

Jeff

12. DavidF

Just met with the listing realtor, might be back on track. Dont know how things are going to wind up, right after we left there was another person looking at the house. Its not first come first served, its highest and best...
    But they left the pool table :)
    20180127_091834_resized.jpg

13. Mach

Mach Silver

Fingers crossed you get it. That would be one sweet shop.

14. Jason

Jason Gold

Highest and best? WTF is that? Where is the counter offer? I'd leave the pool table too. Ever move one of those? It's easy to smash it up and take it down the stairs in buckets. Slate is heavy!

15. Robert

Robert Silver

This would be amazing! Good luck!
    R

16. OCD

OCD Silver

Best of luck David but honestly, it sounds like the listing agent is going to play a shell game on ya and regardless of what your offer is he’s going to come back with the ole, you’ve been out bid getting you to jack up your offer.
    Which to my understanding is totally illegal.
    All offers are suppose to be sealed and considered confidential.

I would still contact the real estate commissioners office so they are aware of what’s happening.

This listing agent sounds like the typical scumbag.

17. DavidF

They wont tell you if you have been outbid, they will only come back and ask for your highest bid.

18. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Hope you get it David. That would be awesome.

Best,
    Kelly

19. DavidF

Yea I hope so too... kinda my dream garage... Couldn't afford to build one like it...

20. OCD

OCD Silver

Uh, they’re “not” suppose to No.

Wife and I was interested in a house 25 years ago and both realtors (ours and listing) tried that crap on us.
    I secretly recorded the second conversation during their attempt to swindle us and turned their asses in.

Rtsquirrel likes this.