SVSeeker Update

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by FishbonzWV, Jan 20, 2020.

1. _Jason

_Jason Silver

Update on SV Seeker explosion:

Yes! It was a hoax.

2. OMM

OMM Silver

The worst part is, he almost shows fully/completely how to make a shape charge.

What would be really funny is if somebody (10yrs old not really accountable for their actions) took his shape charge in the middle of the night with a 9 V battery and blew out Port side dry dock supports.

I would almost pay money to see that. Watch that little yellow bus fold up like tinfoil.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  3. PatJ

PatJ Silver

That swirling sound you hear is his credibility going down the toilet.
    Fame does strange things to people in Hollywood, and apparently on ytube too !

Jason, OMM and Gippeto like this.
  4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Down to 166k subscribers...
    Hope to see it go under 100k, but I doubt it.

5. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Best one of his ytube comments, made by AR:

What did you make today?
    Doug made a lot of enemies.

Jason likes this.
  6. OMM

OMM Silver

Down from what? Do you recall what his plateau was before the scandal?

7. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I quit following him a while back because it was no longer about building a cool boat, but about his ego, and his ytube views.

8. PatJ

PatJ Silver

175 k is supposedly what it was a few days ago.

9. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I helped my dad build a 50 ft houseboat from scratch, out of steel, and it took a year to build.
    Launched in 1972.

48 years later, it is still going strong in my sister's family, and looks like the day it was launched.
    No bullshit videos, just real boat building, and real boat launching.
    Detroit Diesel 671.
    If you want a diesel that keeps on running no matter what, this is the engine to have.
    A bit leaky, but extraordinarily reliable.
    Never a motor failure in 48 years.

Absolutely runs like a top. Had a couple of rebuilds (two or three) over the years.
    My dad hand drew the drawings, and came up with the design from scratch.
    It has a bathtub and shower in it.

This boat has traveled an untold number of miles up the Mississippi, Ohio, and Tennessee Rivers, down the Tombigbee Waterway, around the intercoastal waterways around Pensacola, and out into the Gulf of Mexico. No doubt thousands of miles of travel.

I learned how to weld very well on that project.

50BOAT.JPG

Houseboat-Front-01.jpg

Houseboat-Rear.jpg

r-IMG_5547.jpg

r-IMG_5549.jpg

r-IMG_5551.jpg

r-IMG_5553.jpg

r-IMG_5554.jpg

r-IMG_5637.jpg

Jason and _Jason like this.
  10. DavidF

11. OMM

OMM Silver

I guess when fame goes to your head, you consider other people Ants. “All Not Too Significant”.

12. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Sort of a Chernobyl thing to do; nuke 175 thousand followers/supporters.
    To each his own I guess.
    I think he has gotten old and senile.
    No normal person would do something like that.

His life will now be divided between BC and AC (before Chernobyl, and after Chernobyl).
    There have been some really ugly suggestions in his comment section.
    Nothing that happens at this point would surprise me.

13. _Jason

_Jason Silver

14. PatJ

PatJ Silver

The true definition of Bat -Sh**-Crazy.

15. DavidF

Hmm, look who I found in the comment section.
    SmartSelect_20200121-011442_YouTube.jpg

16. PatJ

PatJ Silver

LOL, well if SV did not do anything else, he certainly brought the people out of the woodwork, but not in a good way.

He may not give a f*** (as he says in his video), but I think in the end, one way or another, he will pay dearly for this stunt.

From reading his comments, he struck a huge number of raw nerves with people who have lost family members to head injuries, explosions, etc.
    He will be forever remembered as the dipsh-- that pulled the boat hoax.
    It was so wrong on many levels.

I survived a propane explosion at a lumber mill when I was 18 years old.
    A lumber kiln had a propane burner come on, but the ignition did not work.
    There were no safeties in those days, and so the kiln filled with natural gas, and then the igniter started working again.
    I was running a nearby steam boiler, and was sitting in a chair with the roll-up door open.
    This huge blast of air came by me, and the explosion severed the 4" steam line that ran out of my boiler.
    I remember running outside, and the noise from steam coming out that open pipe was deafening.
    The kiln was flattened, and all the lumber was on fire.
    It was an Armageddon scene like out of a movie.
    I clearly remember screaming "What the flock just happened?", and I just stood there for perhaps 15 seconds, trying to take it all in, before I ran back into the boiler room and shut down the boiler so that it did not exploded from low of water.

I was scheduled to clock out in 20 minutes, which would have placed me directly in front of the building that blew up.
    The fire burned for a full week. The kiln was full of 10-quarter walnut.
    The water that the firemen sprayed on the spaced/stacked/dried lumber had no effect at all due to the immense surface area that was on fire.
    All the firemen could do was sit there and watch the flames go some 200 feet up in the air.
    There were rows and rows of long kilns full of expensive hardwood, and every single kiln burnt to the ground, not just the one that exploded.
    It was one hell of a light show/bonfire.

I used up one (or more) of my nine lives that day.

OMM likes this.
  17. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I was really worried about him, but now I just feel like a sucker. That's really disappointing he would pull a stunt like that. The people who care the most get the biggest slap in the face.

Jeff

18. rocco

rocco Silver

That's just f***ing STUPID!! He'd better have a really good security system around that property and boat or I can see some serious vandalism happening to it.

19. PatJ

PatJ Silver

He will never get Pandora back in the box again.
    Be careful what you unleash is all I can say.
    He has gone overnight from a very popular "do-it-yourselfer" to a very notorious figure.
    People will still travel to his place from all other the world, but not for the same reason.

It reminds me of that old margarine commercial (cue the large lightning strike).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  20. PatJ

PatJ Silver

The comments on his last video today are rich.

Here is one:

it was a though provoking day, i though about it and your actions provoked me to unsubscribe and cancel funding through patreon.
    i wish i could say best of luck to you,but i cant ..go fu$k yourself

That pretty much sums up how I feel too.

Or this one:

Admit it, you did this because you crave attention and wanted to get a rush seeing how people would respond to you getting hurt.

Nothing you did was “thought provoking” and to use the viewer base that has grown to love and support you as some pawn in your narcissistic game shows what a truly despicable human you are.
    THIS is what you’ll be remembered for Doug, not your boat, not your handyman work, but your lack empathy and cluelessness.
    It’s mind boggling how out of touch you are.

Or this one:

I always though you were bit of a cock, but I put up with it for the good content, but you have confirmed my initial thought, but maybe also selfish to boot!

The great community you have built over the years, you have destroyed overnight, I don my hat to you, bravo!

This one:

Looks like you all had a good laugh. Cool. I just wonder what's gonna happen if you have a real accident and could really use some help. I'm a little surprised you don't understand that trust is hard-won and quickly lost. Maybe you'll find out now. I hope your social experiment was worth it, because I think it's gonna cost you more than you realize.

One more:

I'm afraid nothing expressed in 12 minutes of rationalization justifies this nasty stunt. You may have underestimated the amount of 'haters' this would garner. Disappointing.

Some serious venting going on, and he deserves every bit of it:

I'm sad not mad. Someone l considered intelligent and thoughtful has proven to be a juvenile with the IQ of a snake, as well as the heart. A song played on the heart strings of others for your own amusement is a lowly dirge.
    I read these comments and see thousands were truly concerned as was l. Thousands prayed for you. Thousands shed tears for you. And your response is, "don't like it leave"? You are the largest of two things, a miserable ingrate and a completely ignorant man. You're a child.
    Put your hat on sideways and play the banjo on the porch. You certainly have filled the stereotype of a stupid Okie to perfection. You owe the people who have supported you, the people who prayed for you, the people who cried for you and the entire state of Oklahoma an apology.

But you won't and you will get what you deserve, no what you have earned: the title of "THE ASS OF YOUTUBE" Your a disgusting fool. I'm sorry l ever watched a minute of your pride filled horseshit.

Not to be overly dramatic and such, but the "a date that will live in infamy" speech comes to mind today.
    01-20-20
    Rather ironic date; we can all see with 20/20 vision what a scumbag he is (guess I can't speak for the world, but those are my thoughts).

Well, as one commenter mentioned, a good lesson on how to not get sucked into the social medial thing and played for a fool.

Well, I guess its time to return to our regularly scheduled programming (they use to say that on TV after a notable event had happened, like Pearl Harbor).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020