SVSeeker Update

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by FishbonzWV, Jan 20, 2020.

1. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I am actually enjoying SV's build more now than I did before.

Who can resist a meme.
    Let the meming begin.

I emailed it to SV.
    I am sure he will see the humor in it.
    The woman is from the poster that he is selling in his store.

SV-MEME-01.jpg

Jason likes this.
  2. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Ok, I am back to the salt mine.
    See you guys in a few months.

3. Jason

Jason Gold

That meme is priceless.... Get this! Remember I said I just met a neighbor on my street with a tormach??? Talked to him tonight and he hadn't heard about svseeker blowing up, but he tells me he is machining a stainless steel cannon for shooting a line from one boat to anther for SVSEEKER!!!!! He told me he did the rifling and had $500+ and time in this project. Needless to say, he was less than thrilled. Now this is a guy that's not wealthy, but has skills and time to donate. These are the guys I feel terrible for......

I saw the "apology video" just now.... Whatever, F him and that fat sack of shit "actor".

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  4. OMM

OMM Silver

Just an update. It looks like he has lost up to 600 patrons in three days. Each donate a minimum of one dollar a month , some up to five dollars a month. Before all this started he was at 2200 patrons. Who knows, he might a lost all of the higher paying ones.

5. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I was just looking at the comments on his "apology " video and reading his reply comments to people. It's pretty apparent that this guy does in fact have some sort of brain injury.
    If I ever get to be like this guy would someone please take and pour molten iron into my eye sockets until my brain cavity is full of a more useful material....

Jason likes this.
  6. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I must have a sick sense of humor. I got a kick out of the whole thing! It's entertainment, no different than that new flickering show at the cineplex....just cheaper. I'll go back to eating my popcorn in the peanut gallery again ;)

7. Jason

Jason Gold

I could have gone along with that Bruce if dipshit had handled the entire affair a little differently. His smugness, poor timing and doubling down while HE KNEW people were hurting from the first video was wrong.

DavidF likes this.
  8. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I have talked to people who have actually met and talked with SV, he comes across just like in his videos, smart, articulate, talented, creative, etc.

But a person can be all that, and still be a psychopath.

Psychopathy:
    Psychopathy is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.

I have worked with and associated with two individuals who were very much like this.
    I had to disassociate with both of them because that wild card in them made them totally unpredictable, and they would occasionally do strange and disturbing stuff (sometimes dangerous stuff). Most of the time these two people were very likable and congenial folks.

I don't think he is a bad person relatively speaking.
    He has made what I would consider some very serious blunders, which are:

1. He made two videos that were false, and misled a lot of people.
    2. He carried the prank way too far.
    3. He disturbed a lot of people who had followed him from the very beginning with support and money.
    4. He compounded his blunder(s) by making an extremely callous video, where he basically told his followers "up yours, I don't need followers" (paraphrased).
    5. He betrayed a lot of people, many who had traveled long distances and spent considerable amount of time helping him, basically disrespecting them and their significant work.
    6. He finally came out with a watered-down, half-hearted response, sort of a "sorry, but not really sorry".
    7. He is now dismissing it all as a big "misunderstanding", and a "social experient that went a bit wrong".
    Indeed, the trend in his comment section seems now to be "the objectionable videos have vanished; it was just a harmless ruse; no harm, no foul, lets continue on as if nothing happened".

Its all somewhat of a non-issue, done by somewhat of a non-person, about a boat that has no relative importance in the world.

But for those who value personal relationships, SV is a poster child for someone who is their own worst enemy.
    He does not need enemies, his self destructive behavior serves that purpose rather well.

He is a nobody, and so what is the big fuss?
    I guess we feel like we grow to know and trust someone, and don't expect such things.
    I did not know him, but I know people who did know him, and people who use to like and trust him.

I find his behavior surprising, because I know that if I treated my clients/supporters that way, I would very quickly have no clients, and no money.
    There is an old saying, which is "Ignore your clients, and they will go away".

Lucky for SV he feels so empowered that he can give the middle finger to the world.
    Rather brash thing to do.
    I think he will still have more than enough groupies that will follow him wherever he goes, no matter what he does, in a Jim Jones kind of obsession.

My dad got that way as he got old, and he did not care who he offended, and did not care about anyone but himself.
    I chalk my dad up to getting senile.
    Not so sure about SV; many people mention in his comments that this is a pretty clear sign that he is "operating a few bricks short of a load".

Important lessons to be learned though:
    If you care about people/supporters/contributors, and need/want their support, then don't spit in their face, because they have a choice to go elsewhere and support someone else who is more appreciative of their support/contributions.

Edit:
    SV's facebook page is quite toxic.
    The people who believed the hoax turned on the people who tried to reveal it as a hoax, and it became Civil War II. Abundant hatred all the way around.
    Amazing how one guy can release so much toxicity.

What it breaks down to for many of his followers is that they have such a vested interest in the boat that goes back for so many years that they want to seen him finish and launch the boat, even if he were engaged in human sacrifices on the main deck.
    Once you drink the SVKoolaide, I guess there is no turning back.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  9. PatJ

PatJ Silver

This is why you don't joke around about boat fires/explosions:

A fire that tore through a boat dock in Alabama early Monday has left at least eight people dead, officials say.
    The massive blaze that broke out in Scottsboro consumed 35 vessels -- mostly houseboats, according to Scottsboro Fire Chief Gene Necklaus. He said all eight people known to be missing after the fire erupted were confirmed dead and warned “that number could go up, because we don't know how many were on boats" that sank.
    "There were numerous people rescued from the water who had escaped by going into the water," added Jackson County Chief Sheriff's Deputy Rocky Harnen.

My family and I were at a boat dock not more than 100 miles from this location, about 30 year ago, and a nearby houseboat had its engine compartment explode.
    It made a huge noise, and blew fire about 30 feet in the air.
    Luckily the back engine covers blew off, and nobody inside the boat was injured.
    The explosion caused fire to blow back into the boat through ventilation ducts, etc. and so multiple fires inside the houseboat had to be put out.

Fiberglass resin burns really well, as does upholstry.
    My dad started our boat engine, and we moved to a remote cove and spent the night.
    We stopped sleeping overnight in marinas after that.
    Luckily my dad had a commercial pilot's license, and excelled at night navigation on the river.

I think I would have taken my chances at swimming to the shore, but those docks are very extensive, and that could be a very long swim in very cold water.
    Many boaters that I know in that region are older folks in retirement, and so a swim is out of the question.

SV, you listening?

Note: These are not my photos.

alabama-dock-fire-1.jpg

alabama-dock-fire-02.jpg

10. Jason

Jason Gold

Just like you dont joke about fire on an airplane. I had a radio stack go up in flames about 10 minutes after taking off from Orlando. I nearly pissed myself and before I could even ask for permission to return, I had the fire out, turned the plane around and started an emergency decent. When the shit hits the fan, F the rules. Too bad Kobe's pilot didnt learn that lesson.:rolleyes::(

Hard to "like" that post Pat, but good example. Boats and planes are the wrong place for a fire.

11. Jason

Jason Gold

I notice all 3 videos of the prank are gone now...:rolleyes:

12. OMM

OMM Silver

Here you go. Now we just need about two dozen more famous YouTubers

13. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Yes, well I have yet to post anything anywhere in order to get "likes".
    I post my thoughts, and they are worth less than 2 cents to virtually the entire world, but they are my thoughts.

Not trying to rub his nose in this, but for real he needs to avoid videos like he made like the black plague in the future.

14. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Yeah I was not happy with the prank videos. They definitely hurt. I still find his content interesting though and a good idea. But he certainly messed up. You don't cry wolf like that and expect people to be happy about it and go off feeling inspired.

15. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I went back and reviewed a number of his videos, and amount of quality knowledge in those videos is priceless in my opinion.
    Now its a situation of whether the glass is half empty or half full.

No doubt people will keep following him and his work.
    Also no doubt that if he pulls something like that again, many will decent upon his lot with pitchforks and torches, looking for him and his buddy (not condoning such things, but I think it is a fact).